Would you look at that (^) face!? Hard to believe he is already 8 months old and sweet as ever. Here’s a recap on our Henry from this past month:
Henry Owen is still the big eater of the family! This baby can down some food. Even when I think I’ve made too much for him, he surprises me by wanting even more. He continues to have oatmeal mixed with applesauce each morning for breakfast, but then he eats whatever we eat for lunch and dinner. He still loves beans and chicken, and tried strawberries, cantaloupe, deli turkey, and PB&J this month. The PB&J was a HUGE hit (are we surprised?).
He still nurses 4 times daily as well, but has become much more distracted recently. If Levi is awake, I usually have to nurse him on my bed. Not a big deal though!
Naps are about the same! Typically two 2-hour naps each day. He has been cutting his morning nap a bit short some days though, which is pretty normal I think. He is doing MUCH better with the long wake time between waking from his afternoon nap and bedtime. If we go out during that time, sometimes he’ll take a 10-15 minute catnap in the car, but generally he can handle the 4 hour stretch now.
Nighttime is going….better? Pretty much the same as last month I guess. As long as he goes to bed on time, it’s a pretty sure thing that he’ll sleep a solid 10 hours (so usually until 5 AM). Every once in a while he’ll extend to 6 AM. But usually, if I just give him a half-feed and put him right back in his crib, he’ll sleep until 7 AM. So I really think the waking is just a habit (and it’s getting annoying), but I really don’t want to deal with CIO at that time of the morning–it’s just miserable for everyone. Praying he begins extending to his DWT soon!
The boys are still in separate rooms as well.
- We are officially back in a Wonder Week (leap 6). It doesn’t seem to be as bad as the previous two were.
- His first tooth has emerged all the way and I’m fairly certain he has another one coming! So much drooling and chewing on anything in sight.
- Henry is now unsafe on the couch or beds…if he is on his belly, he will scoot backwards right on off. I know from experience. Still not a ton of floor scooting though!
- He LOVES his daddy. Brian and Henry have really bonded this past month. They even went on their first “boys outing” (including Levi) to Bass Pro. Big milestone!
- Henry is doing much better at mealtime. He is still pretty demanding, but no longer shrieks–instead he just hits the table when he wants more. I can live with that. He has also gotten MUCH better at self-feeding real food this month, so as long as I keep him stocked up on goodies, he is content to sit in his chair and keep on eating.
Same as last month!
7:00 AM Nurse
7:45 or 8 AM Breakfast with Levi
9:00 AM Nap
11:00 AM Nurse
12:00 PM Lunch with Levi
1:00 PM Nap
3:00 PM Nurse
4:00 PM Something to keep him preoccupied and happy!
5:30/6:00 PM Dinner with family
6:30 PM Nurse
6:45/7:00 PM Bed