Here’s my little SEVEN month old! We’re over halfway to his first birthday now–the time is just flying by with this little chunk-o-love. Even though he is the most demanding little thing (more on that later), he just melts us. Life with him is getting more and more fun by the day! Here’s a recap on his 6th month of life:
I mentioned last month how his growth curve was on the decline for his weight (14 lb 11 oz at his 5 month appointment). Well…he certainly made up for that once he started solids last month. At his 6 month appointment on 1/13, he weighed 16 lb 5 oz–over a pound and a half gained in one month! So, he’s still small for his age (18th %, although he really doesn’t look or feel it to us), but definitely getting back on track with his curve. He was also 27″ long, which is the 50th %.
It is amazing how much this baby eats! There is hardly anything he doesn’t like. His favorites right now are black bean puree, grilled chicken bites, and applesauce (of course!). We joke (but really, we’re not joking) that he is always the last one at the table! It takes SO much food to fill him up. We traveled to Pensacola this past month, where he ate the last of his baby food purees–I bought a ton of pouches for that trip–and I was determined when we got back to not buy any more baby food. That junk is expensive. Well, Henry has managed JUST fine! He is now eating literally everything that we eat. Depending on what it is, I may mush it up a little for him, but he devours it regardless. The last week of his 6th month he had spaghetti (cut up the size of rice), chicken and bean soup, chicken pot pie, deli ham, and scrambled eggs. It’s amazing how well he can chew, even with no teeth!
He is still nursing 4 times per day before every meal and still loves that too! I’ve even started introducing dairy back into my diet and from what we can tell, he is no longer affected by it. PTL!
Naps are great and the same–two 2-hour naps each day. Every once in a while he is dying for a catnap in the early evening, but I’m really trying to push him to bedtime without it. He does excellent transitioning during his naps (around the 45 min or 1 hr 15 min marks) as well.
Nighttime sleep has finally started to get consistent again! Our trip to Pensacola was a nightmare–I got hardly any sleep. He was up every 2-3 hours and inconsolable. I ended up just bringing him into bed with me–which still meant little sleep for us both, but more than if I left him in the PnP. The first night we were back from that trip, he slept from 8-6ish. Reinserted paci at 6 and he was back out until 7:30. So I’m not sure if it was the different surroundings or what, but I sure am glad to be home. He has slept 10-12 hours every night since then!
The boys are still in separate rooms. I’m dreading the switch with Henry’s occasional 6 AM “I-need-my-paci” wakings
Henry is now easily able to make it to the 2 hour mark for all wake times! After his second nap, his last wake time is from 3ish to 7ish, which is a really big stretch for him. I’ve been putting him down to bed around 6:30 on nights when he is clearly ready for it.
- Last week, I discovered he has a tooth that’s about the break through! It’s the bottom middle left one. I noticed he had been chewing on his blanket a lot and drooling again suddenly…and sure enough, I saw a little white cap about to emerge! I’m so sad to lose that sweet gummy smile!
- He is doing awesome at sitting up! He is much more stable now and has even been sitting on the floor of his room to play with Levi during the day. I love it.
- We’ve gotten some really good belly laughs out of him recently! He had chuckled previously, but never a good laugh. (I think my babies are late to laugh! Levi was like this too.) The one who makes him laugh the most: Levi.
- Henry can scoot across the floor on his belly, but still showing no interest in getting on all fours to crawl.
- He is SO demanding at meal time! If I’m not moving quick enough or if I take his plate away to go fill it up with more food, he SHRIEKS!! I told Brian the other day that sometimes I feel like a chicken with my head cut off at mealtimes because I can’t keep up with how much he is eating.
7:00 AM Nurse
7:45 or 8 AM Breakfast with Levi
9:00 AM Nap
11:00 AM Nurse
12:00 PM Lunch with Levi
1:00 PM Nap
3:00 PM Nurse
4:00 PM Something to keep him preoccupied and happy!
5:30/6:00 PM Dinner with family
6:30 PM Nurse
6:45/7:00 PM Bed